About Me

My photo
brownsville, texas, United States
I have been a christian for about few strong years now and i praise God daily for my salvation in Christ. I use to be a thug but now I'm a believer, and i can find no other joy than living for the glory of God. I aim to glorify Him everyday that i wake, i know that i fall short of that agenda daily, but by His grace alone do i still wake up and go to sleep at night. Soli Deo Gloria

Monday, August 16, 2010

a song for the single. great song

i may never have a little boy to wrestle on the floor
Or walk the aisle to give away a daughter i adore
i might never cry the tears that fathers cry on special days
i’m a man who’s never married, i have love to give away.
i might never know the promise or the kisses of a bride
But i will not mourn the absence of the bed i’ve been denied
Is it destiny or choice, i’m not quite sure that i can say
i’m a man who’s never married, i have love to give away.
But there are worlds of joy inside this world of tables just for one
Friends and family help me on this journey that i run
i have found that if my eyes and heart are open everyday
i will never be without a place to give my love away
My family name might perish when they put me in the grave
But i’ve learned it’s not the family name that matters anyway
There’s a stronger Name that covers me on every single day
i’m a man who’s never married, i will give that Name away
So don’t worry that i’m lonely, please believe me i am not
i’m thankful for the meaning of the moments that i’ve got
And i will not spend my life afraid of things that people say
i’m a man who’s never married, i will give my love away
Till i’m seated at the table, i will watch and i will pray
i’m a man who’s never married, i will give my love away.
(Copyright Allen C. Levi, 2001)

1 comment:

  1. Hello there brother,

    A real blessing to have come across your blog.

    I trust the Lord will continue His work in you.

    Praise Him for His abundant grace

    ReplyDelete