About Me

My photo
brownsville, texas, United States
I have been a christian for about few strong years now and i praise God daily for my salvation in Christ. I use to be a thug but now I'm a believer, and i can find no other joy than living for the glory of God. I aim to glorify Him everyday that i wake, i know that i fall short of that agenda daily, but by His grace alone do i still wake up and go to sleep at night. Soli Deo Gloria

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thinking...

Who am I? Who I was? and who I am... my mind has been wrestling with many things the past few months. from music, to ministry, from sin to salvation, all seems to be a struggle. Lately i have just been thinking about who am i? who am i called to be in Christ? I know i have been redeemed, i know that my sin has been atoned for and in know that i am a new creation... but what does that mean, and what do i do with this truth... also, who was i before Christ? who did the world see on a daily basis, and am i still the same, or has there been a change? lastly, who i am, now? who i am to God... and who i am to the world... from leaving my old job, to working at starbucks, and viewing myself through the mirror of scripture, i have seen both growth and flaws...many things, i can say with only as Christ my victor, i have won the battle over... and it is not a struggle or a temptation, but others, left to my own strength, i daily fail. This has led me to continually see that though many of my friends hear my theological talk,and ramblings, many of them dont hear the moans and tears of my losing the battle to sin. My view of my identity in Christ has increased and my view of my identity in the world has decreased. Though, the life I now live in the flesh i live unto God, and truly it is no longer i who live but Christ who is in me, i still have glimpses of the old adam, and not the New. so, this is just me thinking... hence the name of the post... i dont mean to be expositing on something major or correcting a doctrinal issue, i merely seek to share my heart with ya'll. To encourage the believer that though we fall, God is faithful to pick us up and restore us. allow us to groan with creation for the coming of Christ and the elimination of sin. Let us all pray, Maranatha, O Lord come... grace and peace to all from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment